ALWAYS LOOKING FOR ADVENTURE

ALWAYS LOOKING FOR ADVENTURE

Monday, November 10, 2008

Myles turns two!


Today Myles turns 2 and I can't believe how quickly time passes. Yesterday, Rex and I went to my parents to celebrate along with several other people. Both families were all there and several of Ashley's friends came. My aunt, uncle and cousin even made a special trip up from Colorado. Several of her friends brought their boys who were all around the same age to play. It was surprising to see how they all got along so well..since most them are the only child in their family. Myles did really good with sharing his toys and didn't seem to notice that anyone else was getting attention with so many distractions. The theme was animal centered and my sister made an adorable monkey cake and his other grandma made him his very own GIANT cupcake.
He received a tremendous amount of gifts and he loved opening all of them. He is all boy and is obsessed with trucks and sports. So one of my favorite memories of this party is when my sister let Myles pick out the gifts he wanted to open first. He quickly began searching throughout the piles to find the ones that were wrapped in Hot Wheels or "Cars" the movie paper. It was so cute!!!
The best gift was given by aunt and uncle..his very own quad!! Most would think too big of a gift for a two year old, but not for this boy. He loves it! Once he figured out what it was, he wanted to ride it all the time. We gave him a few gifts, including a puzzle that has wrecked cars on it with a tow truck piece that could pull all the pieces off by magnet. Its kind of an ironic gift considering I am an auto damage adjuster. It made my day to see him playing with that and loving it just as much.


My other favorite moment happened throughout the evening. Everyone brought cameras and it seemed like there was a flash going off from somewhere all night long. Every so once in awhile, He would turn a give a giant grin and say "Cheese". No wonder so many people showed up..He is very entertaining.
Before we headed home, we also got to see my sisters new house. Its so cute and perfect for her. Its just down the street from my parents, so she has a lot of help with everything she needs to make it a home. I am so excited for her to finally have her own place. Hopefully she will get married to Steven soon....they make adorable children!

No comments: