ALWAYS LOOKING FOR ADVENTURE

ALWAYS LOOKING FOR ADVENTURE

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas

Christmas this year was wonderful for us. We had a lot of family in town and were able to do a lot of exciting things. On Christmas eve, we went to my parents house. My favorite uncle Mike came to visit from Las Vegas and was very entertaining. I forgot how funny he is. I only wish there would have been more time to visit with him, but is was awesome to see him for even a short time. Myles got a school bus toy from my parents and was captivated for most of the night with it. Prior to getting it, he passed out all the gifts with a little help from his mom and dad. We stayed up until 2 am exchanging gifts and visiting. It was hard to leave them Christmas morning. This was the first year we didn't spend almost the entire holiday break in Surprise.




Christmas day we went to Rex's parents and celebrated with his entire immediate family. It was such a joy for his parents to have all of their children and grandchildren under one roof for the occasion. Rex's oldest sister and family came from Santa Barbara, California and we had so much fun visiting with them.

One of my favorite and unforgettable moments during the holiday was painting Peyton and Sadie's nails. They decided I too needed my fingernails painted and of course I let them. You can see the photo below. They were so sweet. Sadie kept saying "So pretty" and Peyton would say "Sadie is kind of making a mess." I thought they both did a great job. Besides that I had different colors on each hand:)

Friday night we went to Organ stop pizza. The kids loved the pizza and the show. Definitely worth the drive to Mesa. Later at Tim and Cindy's, we played our favorite game Settlers of Catan. I won't tell you who won, wink wink. Ok, it was me and I can't let any of them forget :) Keeps the competition going and my ego high for at least a short while. However, I think I have used up all my bragging rights by now so I better stop here. Below are pics from the pizza place. As you can tell, the adults had a pretty good time as well.

We were so sad to see the Lishman family leave on Sunday and can't wait to see them again.


No comments: